(NON-IMMIGRANT B VISA)
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Foreigners interested in opening a business or applying for a job will require a Thai business visa.
- It is best to apply for this visa before coming to Thailand.
- This type of visa can be extended to a long term visa which can be done either inside or outside of Thailand.
CATEGORIES UNDER THE THAI BUSINESS VISA
Non-Immigrant B Visa (Employment)
- The work permit application takes place during the initial 90 days given through the initial visa.
- Once a valid work permit is obtained, the applicant then applies for the 1-Year Non-Immigrant B visa inside Thailand.
- 90-day reporting to any Thai Immigration Office is required to the visa holder under this category.
- A re-entry permit is required if the applicant wishes to travel outside of the country.
- Renewal of this visa can be done inside Thailand.
Non-Immigrant B Visa (Conducting Business)
Foreigners who wish to setup or conduct business in Thailand should apply for a Thai Non-Immigrant B visa.
90 Days Non-Immigrant Visa (Single-Entry)
- This visa is initially given by the consulate or Thai embassy in your home country which allows a stay of 90 consecutive days in Thailand.
1-Year Non-Immigrant Visa (Multiple-Entry)
- Issued to those who want to both frequently travel in and out of Thailand and conduct business in Thailand. Once the work permit is processed the initial non-immigrant visa can be extended to this visa.
Applicants must be physically present in the country where they lodge their visa application and must prove that they are neither a public nor a security threat to the Thai government.
- A passport with at least 6-months validity.
- An letter or invitation by the concerned organization to clarify the purpose of travel.
- Embassy fee.
- Document requested by the Royal Thai embassy or consulate.
- Travel itinerary.
- Proof of financial funds.
- The company or organization who has offered employment in Thailand must prepare documents and provided them to the visa applicants.
- Documents must then be submitted to the Thai embassy or consulate in the applicant’s home country by mail or in person.
- Embassy or consular fees must be paid, which can either be by cash, check, or by credit card.
- Visa application will be reviewed and processed which may take up to 10 business day.
* Applicants are advised to apply for their visa in their home country.